Information I collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information and the details of the product you are ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional information if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use and share your information, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
- As neccesary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if thse legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services (I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.)
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important t my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances as follows:
- Service providers – I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers – If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws – I may collect, use, retain and share your information if I have a good faith that it is reasonably necessary to a) respond to legal processes or to government requests; b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; c) prevent, investigate and address fraud and other illegal activity, security or technical issues; d) protect the rights, property and safety of my customers or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions (Woo Commerce, Mail Chimp or Word Press). As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access – you may have the right to access and to recieve a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete – You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Except for exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object – You can object to a) my process of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and b) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to recieve them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is required for legal reasons.
- Complain – If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For the purposes of EU Data Protection Law, I, Leila Bassir, am controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.